Location: Southern Gold Coast
Department: Junior Videographer
Boardcave sells surfboards and surf hardware to surfers around the world. Our Patent Pending technology allows surfboard manufacturers to facilitate orders online, connecting and selling directly with surfers. Our easy to use site, leading surfboard manufacturers, safe delivery and price guarantee have made us the popular choice for surfers of all skill levels. The Boardcave portal conveniently helps surfers find, customise and order surfboards and surf hardware online.
We are looking for a motivated, pro-active team member that has a passion for surfboard design and manufacturing as well as short-film and videography. The ideal applicant will have knowledge of surfboard designs and film practice with some experience in short film production. Technology is at the core of our business; you’ll have an interest in technology and how it can be used to develop our brand. This role involves being competent in video and filming skills and is perfect for someone looking to get into the surf industry and increase your short film portfolio. If you’re successful in securing this role, there will be opportunities for ongoing work and developing larger scale projects. You will gain experience across a range of online marketing areas and optimising video content for the web. You will work closely in a team environment to grow online content for the Australian, USA and Brazilian websites.
- Filming short video content clips with surfers and surfboard shapers.
- Editing your content into short clips ready for online viewing.
- Ensuring timely completion of projects to deadlines.
- Work closely with our Marketing Team to develop content ideas and produce work in line with the Boardcave brand.
- Recognise opportunities for more ideas and projects for our video and online content.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Skilled in video production and editing software.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Exceptional communication skills to be able to create ongoing relationships with surfers and shapers.
- Great communication skills to be able to create ongoing relationships with surfers and shapers.
- A portfolio of previous work.
Applicants must meet the above criteria. Only those successful for an interview will be contacted.
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Videography skills.
- Content editing experience.
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Understanding of online marketing (Social, SEO, SEM, EDM).
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- What is the postcode of the suburb or town you live in?
- What do you believe makes you stand out from other applicants for this role within the surfing industry?
At Boardcave, we offer a flexible work environment. You will become part of a passionate, ambitious team that is stoked on surfing and technology. If you are successful in this application you will be rewarded with plenty of industry experience as well as generous Boardcave Team discounts. Join the Boardcave team and help us spread the stoke.
Role includes discounts on surfboards and surf products; we are all surfers so you will also get to go surfing, yew.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org