OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
Location: Southern Gold Coast or External
Department: Back End Website Developer (PHP)
Cavewire is re-thinking commerce, using the connective nature of the web to streamline operations and provide businesses with a unified platform for accelerated growth. Our patented product selection tools and modular platform is customised for lifestyle industries. Our vision revolves around putting the right products in the hands of customers when and where they need them. There is no separation between online and offline commerce, the future involves unification. E-commerce only flows one way. The future involves networked commerce, increasing your touch points with customers.
Boardcave is our primary brand which is currently being relocated onto the new Cavewire platform. Boardcave sells surfboards and surf hardware to surfers around the world. Our Patent Pending technology allows surfboard manufacturers to facilitate orders online, connecting and selling directly with surfers. Our easy to use site, leading surfboard manufacturers, safe delivery and price guarantee have made us the popular choice for surfers of all skill levels.
The Boardcave portal conveniently helps surfers find, customise and order surfboards and surf hardware online.
We are a new and innovative start-up company looking for motivated programmers to be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Cavewire network. Our web development team handles the entire application infrastructure, which includes the Web Application (PHP), Web Server (Ubuntu/Apache) and Database Server (MySQL). The right individual for this role needs to take initiative and responsibility for their work, having pride in everything they do. They will be working closely with other experienced developers who will provide guidance and experience where necessary.
Required and or beneficial skills:
- PHP / Magento
- Wordpress / MySQL / Apache
- An understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to database structures.
- Experience with Magento would be a plus
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment.
- Ability to organise and manage multiple priorities.
- Understanding the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO are a plus.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and Google Adwords are beneficial.
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/HTML.
- Mobile styling and development would also be beneficial.
- Recognise opportunities to add new features, systems and products to our existing platform, we value entrepreneurial spirit.
- Surfboard knowledge is not required.
- Design and implementation of new and innovative website features for both customers and staff.
- General maintenance of current sites and applications.
- Contribute towards developing and refining new and established business concepts.
Applicants must meet the above criteria. Only those successful for an interview will be contacted.
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- What is the postcode of the suburb or town you live in?
- What do you believe makes you stand out from other applicants for this role
At Boardcave, we offer a flexible work environment. You will become part of a passionate, ambitious team that is stoked on technology. If you are successful in this application you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a good work lifestyle balance. Join the Boardcave team and help us spread the stoke.
Role includes discounts on surfboards and surf products; you will also get to go surfing.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com